(Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene, UHMW-PE)
TIVAR® 1000 sets the standard for engineered polymers with a unique combination of wear and corrosion resistance, low friction surface and impact strength. TIVAR 1000 is resistant to chemical attack and moisture absorption, and retains key physical properties to -30 C.
- Reduces noise
- No moisture absorption
- Non-toxic, low-friction surface
- Meets ASTM-D-4020-81 of 4.0 to 5.4- million molecular weight
- Meets FDA and USDA guidelines; 3-A Dairy-approved (natural)
- Chemical-, corrosion- and wear-resistant
An excellent general-purpose material, TIVAR 1000 (natural) is a cost-effective solution for food handling problems, and meets FDA, USDA and 3-A Dairy guidelines for food processing and handling.
- Water Absorption: 0.01%
- Dielectric Strength: NULL volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): Not Rated
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): NULL
- Izod Impact Strength: No Break