Medical grade Radel R5500 resin offers exceptional hydrolytic stability, toughness, and superior impact strength over a wide temperature range. This product also offers high deflection temperatures and outstanding resistance to environmental stress cracking. Recommended sterilization techniques for Radel R5500 include EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, dry heat and cold sterilization.
The following physical property information is based on typical values of the base Radel R5500 polyphenylsulfone resin.
- Provisional trials
- Instrument handles
- Medical device components
Advantages of Medical Grade Radel R5500:
- Lot controlled and traceable
- Superior dimensional stability • Stress relieved
- Laser markable
- Resin meets the requirements of USP Class VI specifications • Outstanding impact resistance
- Withstands repeated autoclaving
- Water Absorption: 0.37%
- Dielectric Strength: NULL volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): V-0
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): NULL
- Izod Impact Strength: 10