PVC Type 1 sheet is a very commonly used thermoplastic sheet. PVC is typically well known for resistance to flame, electrical, water, chemical, and abrasion in various applications. PVC sheet comes in various grades: Type 1 (most common, general purpose), Type 2 (more impact resistant than Type 1) for complex fabrication, and foamed PVC (lighter weight) for signage applications. PVC generally is used in various application where it’s combination of properties solve a variety of challenges for machined parts.
- Good dimensional stability.
- Good resistance to weathering.
- Comparatively low cost.
- Higher density than many other plastics.
- Limited temperature range.
- Subject to attack by several solvents.
- Water Absorption: 0.06%
- Dielectric Strength: 544 volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): V-0
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): R115
- Izod Impact Strength: 0.8