Tecason S is a transparent engineering plastic known for its chemical resistance, rigidity, high-temperature performance, and its ability to operate in an autoclave environment. Tecason S is FDA and NSF compliant and holds its excellent mechanical properties over a wide range of temperatures.
- Autoclave resistance - Tecason S maintains dimensional stability through repeated autoclaves.
- Excellent electrical properties
- Good chemical resistance - Tecason S performs well in mineral acids, alkali, salt solutions, and hydrocarbons.
- Superior resistance to creep
- FDA and NSF compliant
- High-temperature performance - Tecason S has a heat deflection temperature of 345°F and a long-term continuous use temp of 285°F. • Excellent hydrolytic stability
- High strength and rigidity
- Flame retardant - Tecason S is rated UL94 V-O
Tecason S’s unique combination of chemical and hydrolytic resistance, high-temperature performance, good mechanical properties, and agency approvals make it an excellent choice for applications in the pharmaceutical, medical, food service equipment, semiconductor processing, and electronic equipment industries.
Primary Specification (Resin) (Typical) ASTM-D-6394SPO112
- Water Absorption: 0.3%
- Dielectric Strength: 425 volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): V-0
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): R120
- Izod Impact Strength: 1.3