A Family of Stock Shape Plastics with Elevated Performance over PET-P, Acetal and Nylon.
In Direct Comparison to other Commonly Used Plastics, HYDEX 4101 and 4101L have:
Improved Wear and Chemical Resistance Versus Acetal
- Hydex 4101 and 4101L are compatible with chemicals having a pH range of 2.0 - 9.0; acetal's range is 4.0 - 9.0.
- Hydex 4101 and 4101L can withstand repeated "CIP" chemical wash down without affecting material performance. Acetal degrades upon repeated contact with aqueous chlorine solutions.
- Hydex 4101L has 30% higher limiting PV than Delrin AF.
- Hydex 4101L has about two times better wear factor than acetal.
- Hydex 4101L is approved for direct food contact; Delrin AF is not.
- Superior Dimensional Stability over Nylon
- Hydex 4101 and 4101L have moisture absorption of 0.07%. Nylon has moisture absorption 15 times greater than Hydex, and can exhibit significant dimensional changes in use.
Best Wear and Lubricity when Compared to PET-P
- Hydex 4101 has 20% greater impact strength than PET-P.
- Hydex 4101L has 20% greater impact strength than PET-P.
- Hydex 4101L has about 50% better wear factor than PET-P.
- Hydex 4101L has more than twice the LPV performance than PET-P. • Hydex 4101L has about 50% lower coefficient of friction than PET-P.
Hydex® 4101 is a PBT Polyester with an outstanding set of properties including: wear resistance, chemical resistance and toughness. Hydex® 4101L (Lubricated) is an enhanced version with improved wear, PV range and lubricity over Hydex 4101.
- Water Absorption: 0.07%
- Dielectric Strength: 400 volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): HB
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): M72
- Izod Impact Strength: 0.7