KYDEX® T is a proprietary thermoplastic sheet that is cost competitive with fire retardant ABS/PVC (FR-ABS) formulations but with significantly higher impact strength and extensibility.
Since KYDEX® T is less hygroscopic, unlike FR-ABS, it typically does not require pre-drying, offers superior impact, more uniform forming with less wall thinning and offers significantly greater resistance to a broad range of corrosive chemicals and cleaning solutions. It is available in a wide range of aesthetic choices and is Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc® recognized Std 94 V-0, 5V in all thicknesses.
- Aircraft Interiors
- Mass Transit Vehicle Interior Components
- Equipment Housings
- Medical Products
- Kiosk Housings
- Substitute for FR-ABS sheet with competitive pricing but superior cost/performance
- Higher breakage resistance measured by the Notched Izod test than competitive thermoplastics
- Water Absorption: NULL%
- Dielectric Strength: NULL volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): V-0, V-5
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): 94
- Izod Impact Strength: 15