Acetal Copolymer SD
Tecaform™ is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic offering high strength, stiffness and toughness. Tecaform™ is resistant to hot water, hydrocarbons and solvents, and it possesses good bearing and wear properties. It is available in natural and black grades. Tecaform™ is commonly used as bushings, rollers, wear strips and other applications requiring a combination of strength, low moisture absorption, chemical resistance and dimensional stability.
- No centerline porosity
- Good dimensional stability
- Low moisture absorption
- Good wear and abrasion properties
- Excellent machinability
- Black grade is FDA compliant
- Good combination of mechanical properties • Good property retention at elevated temperatures
- Chemical resistance to fuels and solvents, Tecaform™ is resistant to aqueous solutions with pH values ranging from 4 to 14.
- Natural grade is FDA, USDA, NSF and 3A Sanitary compliant
Tecaform™ is used in a wide variety of industrial applications requiring good strength and toughness, dimensional stability; wear resistance and the ability to operate in a wet environment with little absorption. Material handling, machinery and fluid handling are some of the common industries utilizing Tecaform™’s combination of properties. Typical applications are gears, wear strips, bushings, pump parts, fittings and rollers.
- Water Absorption: 0.2%
- Dielectric Strength: NULL volts per meter
- Flammability Rating (UL94 Rating): HB
- Toughness (Rockwell Scale): NULL
- Izod Impact Strength: 1.9